About Me


When not sniffing up a storm, I am a broadcaster, journalist and performer.

My TV and radio work in the US and UK covers the entire cultural pu-pu platter. In Britain, I hosted talk shows The Word (Channel 4), The Sunday Show (BBC2) and Pyjama Party (ITV). In the US, I ran riot on Pajama Party (Oxygen) and Who Needs Hollywood? (Oxygen).

My writing has appeared in publications including The Guardian, Elle, i-D, Interview Magazine, The Observer, and The Sunday Times.

I began my career as a singer and dancer, including a tour across the globe with the Pet Shop Boys. I have also performed with DV8 Physical Theatre, the Michael Clark Company, and Sparks. The whole entertaining mess of my life is summed up in my memoir, Shooting From the Lip.

My YouTube fragrance channel is Katie Puckrik Smells.

Photo by Kimberly Metz